Gaming Revo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Express Yourself

+2
liljonny
babba12
6 posters

[Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies!

babba12
    babba12
    Choob

[Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Empty [Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies!

Post  babba12 Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 am

Ok i didnt did this on my own, but i found a tutorial on this but IM NOT DOING EXACTLY WHAT THE GUY DID! Ok lets start, wait and also this works on Photoshop.

Step1.
    Open a 50x50 blank canvas,make the zoom 800% and click ctrl+L for the layers dialogue.
    [Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Step1-1

Step2.
    Whip out your pencil tool ( click N) then choose circle (01). Then we are going to make the circle, The ratio is 5-1-2-2-1-5.
    [Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Step2

Step3(optional, if your circle isnt in the middle).
    Select the select by color tool(shift+0) then click on the black pixels then do cut>open new layer>select none>paste>layer>merge down. All this does is center your circle.

[Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Step3

Step4.
    Go to gradient tool and set your foreground to a light version of the color you want to use and for background choose the same color but darker. Im using yellow so my foreground is
    #edf478 and my bg is #eaf62b. The go to gradient tool set shape to radial. Then select your fuzzy select tool (U) and click INSIDE your circlish thing Tongue. Then drag your gradient from left to right. Reminder: where you start the gradient is where the lighting is going to be.

Step5.
    Make 2 new layers. The first call it eyes and the second call it Mouth. Ok time to make the eyes whip out your pencil tool (n) then decide how your eyes are going to be. refer to the images below for different combos, you can still use your imagination Tongue

[Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Step5layer
    [Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Smile
    [Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Mouth1
    [Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Eye2
    [Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Mouth2

step6. Hands can be made also be made. Its 2px-2px-2px-2px then add the light color from your gradient and your done.
    [Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Hands

Finished product:
    [Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Smilydone
    [Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Smile
    liljonny
    liljonny
    Choob

[Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Empty lol

Post  liljonny Sat May 09, 2009 10:06 pm

lol awsome Happy
    CanadianAssassin
    CanadianAssassin
    Admin

[Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Empty Re: [Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies!

Post  CanadianAssassin Sun May 10, 2009 4:20 am

Nice Tutorial, I use photoshop *.*
    babba12
    babba12
    Choob

[Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies! Empty Re: [Gimp-PS] TUT - How to make smilies!

Post  babba12 Sun May 10, 2009 6:48 am

CanadianAssassin wrote:Nice Tutorial, I use photoshop *.*
    its still possible in Photoshop some things might be a lil different tho
    Lugares
    Lugares

Post  Lugares Sun May 10, 2009 7:04 am

Great Tut, I changed the Threads name so every1 know what kind of tut it is ;P
    EliteKillz
    EliteKillz
    Choob

Post  EliteKillz Sun May 10, 2009 10:55 am

wow great tut do u know were to get the GIMP program that u r using in this tut?
    babba12
    babba12
    Choob

Post  babba12 Sun May 10, 2009 11:56 am

Takayoshi
    Takayoshi
    Choob

Post  Takayoshi Wed May 13, 2009 10:52 pm

Thanks, will prolly use dis in da not too distant future ^^

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content